Sunday, April 26, 2009

27 weeks

Ryan and I made a quick weekend getaway to Portland this weekend. It's only about a 3-hour drive from here, but I had never been and it sounded like a fun, final, pre-baby mini-trip. We went with our friends Tim and Kat and had a really fun time.

This past week has been great. As I'm reflecting back on it, I can't really think of much to share. Still having some back pain, but sleeping has gotten better. (Not sure why that is, but I'm not complaining.) Oh, and I finally saw the baby's kicks this week. I was sitting in the Midas lobby waiting for my car to be worked on and was feeling a lot of movement up high (I usually feel it pretty low). I looked down and I could actually see my belly thumping with every movement - it was so cool!

Oh, and apparently, I am carrying high which indicates that I'm having a girl...or so I'm told by two people now. One co-worker friend and one homeless woman standing on a street corner in Portland. : )

2 comments:

  1. I love how Kinnick is in so many of these pics just staring up at his mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he's always just right there with me...my little shadow. I wonder how that's going to work out once the baby comes. He may be more inclined to just find a quiet spot to curl up and hide! : )

    ReplyDelete