Sunday, June 21, 2009

35 weeks

So, here we are - only one short month to go. The reality of what is about to happen in our lives is finally sinking in. We started our birthing classes this week, and hearing about ways to work through contractions and labor has probably contributed to that sinking feeling. Don't get me wrong - I am SO excited and can't wait to meet our baby! But that has just been such a distant, almost hypothetical concept up until now. I mean, I know it's going to happen eventually, but it just seemed so far off. And now it is rapidly approaching...yikes...and yay!

My big brother Chuck has been staying with us this week and we've had fun taking him all over Seattle and showing him the sights. I've been proud of myself and my stamina - we've done a lot of walking and, overall, I think I've managed to hang in there pretty well, considering my current condition.

Yesterday, our little Kinnick was attacked by a dog right outside our house. We had to rush him to the emergency vet down in Tacoma and on the drive there, I mentioned to Ryan that this will be a very familiar drive in the not too distant future. (Our hospital is also in Tacoma - about 20 miles away.) And as we sat in the vet's office waiting to hear about our poor little pal's condition, I also commented that I will surely be such a nervous wreck when we inevitably have to rush our baby or toddler to the ER one day. So, I guess it was a good practice run for us, but poor Kinnick is a little worse for the wear, unfortunately. We think he'll survive, though. : )

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about Kinnick. I hope he is feeling better soon. You are looking great for 35 weeks! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete