Sunday, August 23, 2009

6 weeks

I love the weekend. I especially love weekend mornings. Having Ryan around to help out is the absolute BEST! And the peaceful quiet of the morning (when Owen is typically quite happy and content) is so welcomed!

This past week, Owen endured a painful right of passage...he was circumcised. Ryan was present for the actual procedure, while I opted to sit that one out. Although I'm sure it was not much fun at the time, he is doing quite well now (Owen, that is; although I'm sure Ryan is fine, too!) It was performed during his 1-month check-up, so we also got all his updated stats: 9 pounds, 5 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long (as of Monday).

I'm pretty sure we also witnessed O's first social smile this week, although it was directed at the wall instead of at one of us. Whatever...we'll take it! We've gotten a few others since then, but never while looking directly at us. As long as he's showing signs of happiness, I don't really care. I was beginning to think that this child was simply miserable, but I guess I just needed to be a little more patient.

Overall, I'm finally starting to see what everyone meant when they said that things would get better and better every day. It does seem like he is a little bit more happy, a little bit more content, and a little bit more fun every day. Sometimes we still have bad days (or just bad moments), but we've certainly come a long way in six weeks.

Here are a few photos from this past week. He's just so unbelievably cute, I can hardly stand it sometimes!

Just chillin' in my doggy outfit. 'Sup?

Owen in the Moby wrap - his own personal little cocoon.

Practicing "tummy time" with a little help from the Boppy pillow.

Bath time! (O's favorite time of the day.)



2 comments:

  1. Cute! Glad to hear you are doing better. I could see a smile on his face during bath time. I love it!
    We are trying to use dad's account to send this message. Hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It worked! I am going to try it again using my account.

    ReplyDelete