Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pinkeye

My poor, sweet boy is so miserable. He woke up this morning with crusty, gunky stuff around his eyes (similar to the crusty boogers that have been around his nose every morning for the past week or so) and things got progressively (and quickly!) worse as the day unfolded. After a call to the doctor's office and some online research, we've figured out that he has "bacterial conjunctivitis," which is essentially pinkeye. We started giving him antibiotic drops (which is one of the most un-fun things I've had to do as a mother) and are hoping the situation will improve soon. I'm terrified that he's going to wake up in the morning (or the middle of the night) with his eyes crusted shut, unable to open them. Aaah...what a scary feeling!


In more pleasant news, here are a few of Owen's latest words:

"oh bah" - oh boy!
"too" - shoes
"choo" - juice

And those of you who are friends on facebook have already seen this video, but it's so cute, I have to post it twice!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot get enough of this video!! I laugh hysterically every time :) Poor buddy though - he looks miserable in that picture. I hope he is feeling better and the medecine is working. Miss you guys so so much and can't wait to see you in just a few more days!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my gosh..I've watched that video at least a dozen times...along with "Pouch" I I can't stop laughing...hope he feels better...

    ReplyDelete