Friday, July 29, 2011

Modern Marvels (the Mommy Edition)

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback on yesterday's post. It seems I touched a nerve that other mothers can relate to, though I did not set out to spark any sort of controversy. I only really intended to comment on how I could get so excited about some small achievement to then turn around (only about an hour later) and be so let down by a small set-back (hence the title, "highs and lows"). But then I just started rambling on about all my personal fears and insecurities and, in hindsight, maybe should have deleted it all, but opted to go ahead and post it. Whatev. My life is an open book.

However, I would like to recognize that Owen specifically requested to color this afternoon, so I happily obliged. He did a pretty good job, too, although while I wasn't looking, this happened.


It got me thinking..."What in the world did our mothers do before the invention of this guy?"


Mr. Clean, you and your Magic Eraser are my heroes!

Here's the (admittedly less than mind-blowing) "after" shot.


And while I'm on the subject, I also recently asked myself how in the world I ever managed my entire adult life without a handheld vacuum??? I received one from Ryan for Mother's Day (wait, wait, don't boo...I requested it!), but hadn't even taken it out of the package until a week or so ago. (I wasn't sure if I really wanted to keep it or not. Yeah, I'm a hem-hawer like that.) Anyway, I charged that baby up and 24-hours later, I'm spot cleaning like a champ! Graham cracker crumbs in the car seat? No problem. Cheerios in the high chair? Check. Sand tracked in from outside? Got it!

I am in love!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, magic eraser, where would I be without you?

    My hand held vac died ... I miss him.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete