Sunday, October 16, 2011

Happy 1-month birthday, Easton!

Another spectacular thing that happened during my blogging hiatus — my older brother and his wife welcomed the newest member of the Betts family, Easton Philip. I can't wait to meet him in person (they live in Houston), but will probably have to wait until they visit at Christmas. But he's an adorable little bug and I just love him so much!

He's already a month old today, but here's the homemade portion of the baby gift I finally sent them earlier this week. (See, blogging isn't the only thing that's fallen off my radar lately.)

Got this idea off Pinterest (here), but decided to design and iron-on my own decals. I ran into a few snafus that I was planning to elaborate on here, but think I will just let you all believe that they turned out perfect and that this project was as super simple as it appears. (Sadly, it was not.)


Anyway, I hope these 12 onesies will inspire the new parents to take monthly photos of little E (beginning today!) during his first year. I found those monthly photos of Owen to be such a fun way to track how much he had changed during that time and love to look back on them.


And these birth stats (idea also found on Pinterest, here) were fun to replicate, too. I found this super cute frame at Target (even picked up a couple more for O's room since the color will look perfect in there) and used some scrapbook paper I had on hand as a matte. I am pleased with how it turned out and hope the new parents will love it, too.


5 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! Great job, Mary. You did a wonderful job on all of it. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute, you actually DID something you saw on pinterest!? WOW! Who knew it wasn't just for pinning! LOL! (Maybe once I get this darn cast off I'll start my to-do list too!) Both of these things are ridiculously cute and perfect baby gifts! Love them! I know a few couple having their first baby, so you'll have to share your learning curve with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE them too...and I promise we will post many pics in the coming weeks and months...complete with filling in my blog gap since MAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I especially love the birth stats. I want one for Brody's room. Can I have the template or will you just make me one in his bedroom colors? :) You are so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was an awesome gift! Thank you so much for this....we LOVE them!!! I am so lucky to have three great sisters.....appreciate you all and we can't wait to see you guys! Miss ya!!!

    ReplyDelete